of French engineers are educated in the Hauts-de-France region
engineering schools in Dunkirk educate the future talent of the decarbonised industry
More than 40 employment agencies can provide local help with HR matters.
of the region’s population is under the age of 25
With almost 10% of France’s engineers educated in the Hauts-de-France region, the Dunkirk area benefits from a large skills pool in the territory itself or in its immediate vicinity.
Two engineering schools in Dunkirk have launched a degree in energy engineering:
• IMT Nord Europe – Écoles des Mines,
There you’ll find the talent needed to encourage your company’s growth and to help implement energy transition and decarbonisation initiatives. This offer is part of the “skills and training” component of a national project entitled Dunkirk, Creative Energy.
Located just 30 minutes away by high-speed train, the city of Lille is ranked the third biggest university city in mainland France and is part of what makes the region so attractive. The students and engineers educated there can also meet the needs of the local industrial sector.
ARE YOU SEEKING SKILLS RELATING TO THE TRANSITION AND ENERGY EFFICIENCY?
The IUT Littoral Côte d’Opale (Technological University Institute) offers a course called “Jobs in the Transition and in Energy Efficiency”.
• It’s a University Technology Diploma which, over three years, trains combustion and energy scientists to work in the building and industry sectors in line with the different national and European policies on the energy transition.
• During their diploma, the students learn about all the technologies relating to the energy transition. Dunkirk’s MT2E department has a modern, high-performance technology platform. It comprises test units on hydrogen, methanation, steam, cold and other technologies relating to renewable energies (wood, heat pumps, solar energy…).
• This course is also offered as a three-year sandwich course.
PROFESSIONAL AND TECHNICAL TRAINING CENTRES
- ÉCOLE DE PRODUCTION LITTORAL TECH
- AFPI REGION DUNKERQUOISE
- OLEUM DUNKERQUE TRAINING CENTRE
- “HYDROGEN” INCUBATOR
ÉCOLE DE PRODUCTION LITTORAL TECH
The École de Production Littoral Tech (Littoral Tech Production School) trains turners, millers, automated mechanical system fitters and regulators, conventional machines and numerical control operators.
AFPI REGION DUNKERQUOISE
In partnership with the UIMM (French Union of the Metallurgy Industries), the AFPI Région Dunkerquoise (Dunkirk Region Association for Professional Training in Industry) educates technicians in the following areas: sheet metalwork, piping, welding, maintenance, safety, and also tertiary training. A range of skills that are essential to companies in the Dunkirk basin.
OLEUM DUNKERQUE TRAINING CENTRE
The TotalEnergies Oleum Dunkerque training centre is based on full-scale facilities. They provide the ideal conditions and advanced technologies to teach technical training programmes tailored to tackle the challenges of the energy industry.
The Afpa (an adult education and training organisation) and France Hydrogène have signed a partnership to support the development of the skills and trades in the hydrogen sector. As a result, the Afpa is developing a regional incubator programme for the hydrogen sector, one of which will be located in Dunkirk. The training will involve operator, production technician and maintenance agent jobs.