Discover a territory of Innovation
public labs, science and technology platforms and private laboratories
CO2 and H2 hub in France for decarbonisation
million euros committed to projects over 5 years in the territory
A TERRITORY CONDUCIVE TO INNOVATION
- The region of Dunkirk has extensive facilities and research labs: 14 public labs and scientific tech platforms (Irene) complemented by a network of private labs.
- There are 300 lecturers-researchers who are renowned in their specialised fields based in the local area. Public/private partnership arrangements allow companies to access scientific tech platforms and to benefit from innovation support (research and development tax credits, European funding, ANR (National Research Agency), Bpifrance investment bank, etc.).
- The territory is developing initiatives promoting innovation and encouraging industrial pilot schemes to set up here (Grhyd, BioTfuel, ArcelorMittal’s 3D and Igar projects). It is also motivating entrepreneurs to test their new processes in Dunkirk (for example, Terraotherm).
- The Dunkirk region supports major projects such as Northern Lights or Reuze. Plus, it’s the starting place for various circular economy loop initiatives: the heat superhighway, methods for recovering steam or different co-products thanks to the industrial- and energy-decision making tools rolled out by AGUR (Agency for Urban Planning and Development).
- The economic basin is particularly well known in these three fields of expertise: energy, energy efficiency and industrial ecology
- The region of Dunkirk lies at the heart of a regional network of competitive clusters of excellence involved in various areas (materials, textiles, nutrition/health, marine products, energy, transport and logistics…). See them below:
AT THE HEART OF NETWORK OF COMPETITIVE CLUSTERS
- AND MANY OTHERS
Ecopal is an association founded in Dunkirk in 1980 working in Industrial and Territorial Ecology (EIT). A pioneer in this field, it brings together almost 100 members and is considered a national Industrial and Territorial Ecology reference point. Ecopal fosters synergies and the pooling of flows such as co-products, water, energy, etc. in order to optimise the use of resources.
Euraénergie and its innovation park promote and support innovative projects, particularly those related to the energy transition and circular economy. With a range of services bringing together public and private stakeholders, it has an incubator, schools of engineering, labs, technological spaces for prototyping and demos.
Pôlénergie leads the energy sector across the Hauts-de-France region. It has around one hundred members representing the whole energy sector (production, transport, distribution, providers, electro-intensive industries and even parts suppliers). Aside from promoting the sector, Pôlénergie encourages the innovation and development of new know-how.
AND MANY OTHERS
Aquimer specialises in the recovery of products from the aquatics sector.
TEAM2 is a national competitive cluster involving recycling and industrial ecology, particularly strategic metal recycling.
Cap Numeric brings together company directors, decision-makers and stakeholders from the Opal Coast interested in innovation, best practices and digital matters.
Agroé is the regional centre of excellence for agri-food companies.WANT TO SEE MORE? CONTACT US