Access new markets
A GATEWAY TO NORTHERN EUROPE
At the heart of international trade, the continent of Europe is very attractive for foreign investors.
- Northern Europe is an extremely dynamic region with a high GDP and a very dense population. It has a potential market of 80 million consumers in a 350km radius.
- Major European economic capitals such as Brussels, Paris, London and Rotterdam are less than 3 hours away by road, but much less thanks to the surrounding airports.
- The Hauts-de-France region has been ranked in France’s top 3 most attractive regions for foreign direct investments for more than 20 years. And that’s why there are more than 2,000 Foreign Invested Enterprises here, ** 85% of whom recommend the region. (Business France 2018 ranking / ** ORECE Study 2019/ *** KPMG 2017 Study)
The Hauts-de-France is ranked the 3rd French region for welcoming foreign direct investment (FDI) and the 1st for the creation of industrial sites and jobs
Region in France for creation of industrial sites and jobs
The region is one of Europe’s top 10 most attractive territories
The Hauts-de-France region is ranked among Europe’s top 5 industrial regions
FRANCE AND THE PARIS BASIN AT YOUR FINGERTIPS
Setting up your business in the Dunkirk basin puts you within touching distance of the Paris market.
- In fact, Paris and its outer ring are less than 3 hours by road via the A25.
- Thanks to the high-speed train lines, your journey to Paris lasts between 1 and 2 hours depending on what time you choose. Meeting clients has never been so simple.
- All while avoiding the traffic jams and exorbitant costs of the Paris region.
Combined transport services for your goods flows from or to the Paris region:
- Dunkerque Green Solutions serves the Valenton platform in the Paris region three times a week from the Flandres Terminal. Transporting your containers by train means you can reduce your carbon footprint.
- The Seine-Nord Europe High-Capacity Canal will link the Paris area with the river network in the North of France and Benelux. Over 100 km long, this canal, the construction of which has already begun, will connect the Oise River to the Dunkirk-Scheldt Canal. Dunkirk is already the region’s leading river port, and barges of up to 3,000 tonnes can navigate the Dunkirk-Valenciennes high-capacity canal.
THE HAUTS-DE-FRANCE REGION, ONE OF THE MOST DYNAMIC MARKETS IN FRANCE
Setting up your business in the Dunkirk region gives you access to the markets of the Hauts-de-France, one of the most dynamic regions in France.
- The region spans 31,806 km2 and has 5 departments: Aisne, Nord, Oise, Pas-de-Calais and Somme.
- With just over 6 million inhabitants (2019), it is the second most densely populated region in Metropolitan France after the Île-de-France.
- One third of inhabitants are under 25, making the Hauts-de-France one of the youngest regions in France alongside the Île-de-France.
Did you know?
- The region has more than 100 research and development centres.
- The active population is renowned for its commitment, industrial culture and productivity.
Major international airports are accessible and allow you to organize quick meetings with your customers or suppliers: direct access to international exchanges!
We have listed in the table the airports located less than 300 km away but others are served by train within 3 hours:
Amsterdam Airport Schiphol (320 km)
Düsseldorf + Köln/Bonn (365 km)
Luxemburg (385 km)
|Distance from Dunkirk in km
|Brussels zaventem + Charleroi
|Paris Roissy CDG
|Paris Orly + Paris Beauvais
FLANDERS-DUNKIRK, AN ULTRA CONNECTED TERRITORY
Dunkirk and its region have the enormous advantage of being located between the Paris Basin (to the south) and Belgium (to the north). The dense road and rail networks provide quick and smooth connections so you can serve your future clients.
Dunkirk’s location opposite England puts the British and Irish markets within the reach of companies that have chosen to set up here.
- Thanks to the Channel Tunnel and France’s leading port platform comprising Calais, Dunkirk and Boulogne-sur-Mer, your company can benefit from regular trade with the British Isles by train or ferry, whether for freight or passengers.
- Using the ferry operator DFDS, the Grand Port Maritime of Dunkirk provides more than 12 daily ferry crossings to Dover (freight, passenger, RORO).
- Following Brexit, Dunkirk Port opened its Irish terminal with more than 5 rotations per week.
- Using combined transport, Dunkerque Green Solutions connects Dunkirk Port container terminal to the Dourges and Valenton platforms in the Paris region and it also serves the main railway hubs in the south of France and the north of Italy with 3 rotations per week.