Import and export with ease
ACCESS A VAST MARKET AT THE GATEWAY OF EUROPE
Setting up your business in a cross-border territory is a real asset for anyone who wishes to grow their company in an international environment. A potential market of almost 78 million consumers can be accessed in a nearby catchment area (less than 5 hours by road), making this European crossroads a top area for setting up a business since it is densely populated and has high purchasing power.
rail freight hub in France
river port in the Hauts-de-France region
DFDS ferry trips daily between Dunkirk and Great-Britain
Dunkirk is just 40 km from the Channel Tunnel
Dunkirk benefits from the appeal of the A25 and A16 motorways which cross the region from north to south and east to west. This means you can quickly access the major economic basins in not only France, particularly Paris, but also in Belgium which are in close proximity.
- The regional rail network is extremely well developed for both freight and passengers. Dunkirk has a high-speed train station which reaches Lille in 30 mins and Paris in 1 hour 30 mins.
- Dunkirk is the leading French rail freight hub.
Dunkirk is the leading river port in the region. 3,000 tonne barges can sail the Dunkirk-Valenciennes high capacity canal and it naturally paves the way for the Hauts-de-France markets and the Northern European ones too. The opening of the Seine-Nord Europe Canal will extend the river hinterland to the Picardy and Paris basins.
THE TERMINAL CONTAINER
- The Flandres Terminal is a port handling specialist with high quality infrastructures and bespoke services (container stuffing, warehousing and quayside and on-board materials handling).
- Logistics warehouses are located just a few minutes from the terminal exit. 700 reefer outlets are used to ensure the cold sector is controlled.
- Smooth and direct access to the networks (rail, road, canal) mean your goods can be quickly delivered to their destination.
- The Dunkirk Flandres Terminal is directly connected to the rail network via a line to Paris. Two trips per week, from the container terminal to Bonneuil in the Paris region, ensure competitive and sustainable transport of goods. It is then possible to continue on to Marseille.
- The terminal’s dock workers are renowned for their reliability and efficiency. Dunkirk ensured that its services continued throughout the Covid pandemic and no social movement has disrupted activities for almost 30 years.
Major international airports are accessible and allow you to organize quick meetings with your customers or suppliers: direct access to international exchanges!
We have listed in the table the airports located less than 300 km away but others are served by train within 3 hours:
Amsterdam Airport Schiphol (320 km)
Düsseldorf + Köln/Bonn (365 km)
Luxemburg (385 km)
|Distance from Dunkirk in km
|Brussels zaventem + Charleroi
|Paris Roissy CDG
|Paris Orly + Paris Beauvais
DUNKIRK: A SUSTAINABLE PORT
- The production of a Management and Sustainable Development Plan for the port area (PA2D).
- Natural area and species protection management. The Grand Port Maritime of Dunkirk has integrated efforts for the protection and enhancement of habitats.
- The modal shift towards non-road transport is over 50% in the port area.
- Solar park facilities (40 MW currently planned).
- The reclassification of port sites as solar parks (40 MW currently planned).
- Support for the construction and running of the future heat recovery network in the industrial-port area.
- Cold ironing which allows container ships in port to shut down their auxiliary engines.
- LNG ship bunkering to complement the LNG tanker loading station. The container terminal has received the “LNG Ready Terminal” accreditation.